Courtesy Raul Leal,
LAREDO, Tx- The following street-lane closures are in effect for US 83 (Guadalupe-Chihuahua Sts.) between Monterrey Ave. and Cedar Ave. in Laredo/Webb County:
- NEW Sanders and Marcella Avenue, between Chihuahua and Rosario , was CLOSED Monday, January 31, 2011 and will re-open by the end of the day on Tuesday February 1, 2011. The Sub-Contractor (Ellis & Ellis) will tie into an existing waterline.
- Chihuahua St., one outside eastbound lane, between Maryland and Lexington Avenue CLOSED 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday â€“ Friday. Merge to open lane.
- Chihuahua St., one outside eastbound lane, from Monterrey Ave. to the west and Sanders to the east will remain CLOSED daily until 4 p.m. Merge to open lane.
- Lexington Ave. between Chihuahua and Guadalupe streets remains CLOSED indefinitely for the duration of the project. Detour in effect.
- Sanders Ave. between Guadalupe and Chihuahua streets remains CLOSED indefinitely for the duration of the project. Detour in effect.
The traveling public is asked to exercise extreme caution and observe all traffic safety signs, road markings and channelization devices in and around the work area. Caution around heavy machinery and tractor-trailer traffic.