Go to ...

LaredoBuzz.Com

Laredo, Texas

RSS Feed

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Family loses belongings in home fire, assistance needed


Courtesy Veronica Cantu,

uisd(Laredo, Texas)-United ISD is asking for the community’s assistance for a family that lost all their belongings in a recent house fire. The fire happened on Saturday, October 17, in the 400 block of Morales Street in El Cenizo. The home belonged to Maria Ayala and her children. The fire was caused by a faulty air conditioning unit in the window. Thankfully, Ayala and her kids were not at home at the time of fire but they lost everything that they owned. Ayala and her family are currently staying with their grandmother, who also lives in El Cenizo.

Kennedy-Zapata Elementary School, where Ayala’s younger children attend, are accepting donations of household items and donations of clothing on behalf of the family.

​ The school can be reached at 956-473-4100.​

Ayala says any donations would be greatly appreciated in their time of need.

An account at IBC has been set up under the name of Maria Ayala with the account number:

6-0-0-1-5-8-9-3-7-2.

About admin