Teaching Families how to Properly Secure Children in Car Seats Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Events Kick Off in Laredo
LAREDO, Tx - The Texas Department of Transportation, along with partner organizations, will be out in full force the week of September 18-24 to help Texas families learn to secure their children in the appropriate child safety seats, booster seats and seat belts.
Â· Free safety seat check-ups are being held throughout Texas , offering parents and caregivers a chance to learn about the proper safety seat for their child and the correct way to install it.
Â· SafeKids certified technicians will be available on â€œNational Seat Check Saturday,â€� (September 24, 2010) to provide advice and hands-on child safety seat inspections across the state for free.
Â· Visit www.bucklethemright.org to learn more about how to properly secure children and where to find a child safety seat check point, as well as other resources.
Locally, in observance of National Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Week – September 18-24, 2011 and National Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Seat Check Saturday, September 24, 2011, the Texas Department of Transportation Laredo District in collaboration with traffic safety advocate organizations will be sponsoring the following events:
Monday, September 19, 2011, 5 p.m. â€“ City of Laredo Proclamation – Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Week at Laredo City Council Chambers (1110 Houston St.) prior to the 5:30 p.m. Laredo City Council.
- Friday, September 23, 2011, 10 a.m. â€“ Child Passenger Safety Press Conference at TxDOT Laredo District Office STRATIS Control Room (1817 Bob Bullock Loop ).
- Saturday, September 24, 2011, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. â€“ Child Passenger Safety Seat Inspection Event at TxDOT Laredo District Office (1817 Bob Bullock Loop )
- City of Laredo Municipal Court and Judge, the Honorable Rosie Cuellar-Castillo and staff
- District Attorney of Webb and Zapata Counties , the Honorable Isidro R. Alaniz and staff
- Doctorâ€™s Hospital of Laredo
- Laredo Fire Department
- Laredo Police Department
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Department of State Health Services Safe Riders
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Webb County Sheriff Department and Sheriff, the Honorable Martin Cuellar and staff